An Overview of LINGO
LINGO is a comprehensive tool designed to make building and solving Linear, Nonlinear (convex & nonconvex/Global), Quadratic, Quadratically Constrained, Second Order Cone, Stochastic, and Integer optimization models faster, easier and more efficient. LINGO provides a completely integrated package that includes a powerful language for expressing optimization models, a full featured environment for building and editing problems, and a set of fast built-in solvers. The recently released LINGO 15.0 includes a number of significant enhancements and new features. Click here for more information on these new features.
| || |
Download a Trial Version
You can download a free trial version of LINGO from our website. Try it out, look at dozens of sample models, and browse the full user manual via the online Help. It has all of the functions and features of our regular versions, but the problem capacity has been limited. All LINDO products come with a 60 day no questions asked, money-back guarantee. You can also get pricing information, and place an order directly from the website or contact LINDO Systems for more information.
Key Benefits of LINGO
- LINGO will help you cut your development time. It lets you formulate your linear, nonlinear and integer problems quickly in a highly readable form. LINGO's modeling language allows you to express models in a straightforward intuitive manner using summations and subscripted variables -- much like you would with pencil and paper. Models are easier to build, easier to understand, and, therefore, easier to maintain.
- LINGO takes the time and hassle out of managing your data. It allows you to build models that pull information directly from databases and spreadsheets. Similarly, LINGO can output solution information right into a database or spreadsheet making it easier for you to generate reports in the application of your choice.
- LINGO is available with a comprehensive set of fast, built-in solvers for Linear, Nonlinear (convex & nonconvex/Global), Quadratic, Quadratically Constrained, Second Order Cone, Stochastic, and Integer optimization. You never have to specify or load a separate solver, because LINGO reads your formulation and automatically selects the appropriate one.
- You can build and solve models within LINGO, or you can call LINGO directly from an application you have written. For developing models interactively, LINGO provides a complete modeling environment to build, solve, and analyze your models. For building turn-key solutions, LINGO comes with callable DLL and OLE interfaces that can be called from user written applications. LINGO can also be called directly from an Excel macro or database application.
- LINGO provides all of the tools you will need to get up and running quickly. You get the LINGO User Manual (in printed form and available via the online Help), which fully describes the commands and features of the program. Also included with super versions and larger is a copy of Optimization Modeling with LINGO, a comprehensive modeling text discussing all major classes of linear, integer and nonlinear optimization problems. LINGO also comes with dozens of real-world based examples for you to modify and expand.